- Open one browser window (or make sure only one browser window is open).
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/
- Click on the "Get Adobe Flash Player" icon under the Downloads section.
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided by Adobe. Be sure to uncheck any optional downloads (toolbars or security scan applications) if you do not want them. Then click the "Download now" button.
- If prompted, save the installation file to your computer by clicking the "Save File" button.
- After downloading is complete, either run the installation file, open the installation file, or double click on the installation file, and then proceed through the installation process. Agree to any prompts that may come up in order to continue the installation process.
- If you are prompted for administrator access and do not know that information, contact your IT department or the computer's administrator. You may also be prompted to close all of your open browsers. After closing all browsers, click either "Proceed" or "Retry".
- After installation is complete, go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about to verify the installation was completed. You should see a box titled "Version Information" with the version of Flashplayer that you installed.
Flash & Google Chrome
If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you should already have a version of Flashplayer installed. Google Chrome will automatically update to the latest Flashplayer version. If, however, Flashplayer has been disabled, here are the steps to re-enable it.
- Click on the wrench icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen (next to the bookmark star), and select options.
- Click on "Under the Hood" on the left side menu.
- Under Plug-ins, click "Disable individual plug-ins..."
- Find "Flash" or "Shockwave Flash" in the list. If it is disabled, it will be grayed-out, and you should click "Enable" to re-enable Flashplayer.